Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Friday, May 12, 2006

New Drug

I'm still functioning today, but not by much. Last night was rough, and yet it gets a mixed review.
For the first night trying Mirapex, it went okay. I took it about 2 hours before lights out and went through a pretty big bout of the wigglies as I was sitting up in bed reading. That eventually passed, and my body -- particularly my legs -- felt heavy. Kind of still. Not a feeling I'm used to.
Somehow, I woke, or was partly awake the whole time, because I got up to go to Bed #2. And I probably fell asleep again before the trouble began. I was feeling too hot, so I took off some of the haphazardly stacked blankets. Then I was really cold. It felt like the Requip drug trial all over again, with me unable to regulate my body temperature. Possibly priapism too, but that could have been natural. In any event, I was up for a while, unable to sleep.
I woke without the alarm and went to see what time it was just as the alarm started going off. I hit snooze, went back to bed, and awoke wishing I had a few more hours' sleep.
Very dumb today. Glad to sleep in tomorrow.