Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Manual override

This not admitting I'm sick thing could be worse. Of course, it could be better. But I slept.
Last night was a stroke of good luck. P and I met a friend for drinks (tonic water for me), planning to catch the Neko Case show later. We knew it was sold out, and were hoping for people who wanted to dump tickets out front, or, at least, for some cheap scalpers (!). We got there at 10 or so, and they said the show was all over but the encore. Damned early Friday night show. But we managed to talk our way in for free.
And the show wasn't even over. She had a few songs left in the main set, then she came back twice for encores. We probably saw her do 10 songs in all. What a crazy good voice. You can't capture that on a record.
It wasn't even 11 before we left the building, so we went out for another drink. Beer this time. I knew I was pretty sick, but that didn't seem to stop me from drinking in a smoky bar. Although I did have the great idea of taking a night-time Alka Seltzer to mix with the Mirapex and beer. Thanks to P for stopping me.