Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Monday, July 03, 2006

I got a new drug

As someone who never experimented with drugs in high school (or college, for that matter), I now find myself whole hog into the adult world of legal pharmaceuticals. The good news is that I quit the Mirapex that was wreaking so much havoc with me. Now I've got a prescription for Neurontin, a.k.a. Gabapentin, that I'm going to try.
I'm hopeful for the new drug; I have to be. If it doesn't work, I'll have pretty much exhausted the drugs available for restless legs syndrome. That is, except for the opiates (codeine, etc.) and the
benzodiazepine family (Hey Klonopin. Hi there, valium).
So you can see the appeal a drug that treats the leg sensations and doesn't just knock me out and make me an addict. Let's hope I found it.