Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Drug free (for a day)

I got all the Mirapex out of my system. And just as I was ready to celebrate, I realized: Hey -- I still have restless legs syndrome. I was crediting the drug for everything bad. But if I had been sleeping normally I never would have been on it.
But even if I wasn't celebrating, the neighborhood was plenty festive last night. Festive like a war zone, with all sorts of the big, expensive illegal fireworks going off. You have to love the Fourth of July. Anyway, at least it was cool enough to sleep without all the windows open.
We spent most of the day yesterday stuffing and addressing our wedding invitations. Calligraphy be damned; we're just hoping the post offices can read the smudgy fat scratchings from our silver markers.