Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Friday, May 26, 2006

Rough night

Maybe the good news is I didn't really notice the lump in my throat? It was there pretty much all day yesterday, but I didn't notice it after taking the Mirapex, two hours before lights out.
We went out for dinner and then for a drink afterwards to celebrate the Enron verdicts. I had a 12-ounce bottle of a Russian imperial stout (California-made, I think). Just one, but it was 9 percent alcohol -- maybe equal to about two pints of weaker beer.
In any event, I think it kept me up. That, or the mix of beer and Mirapex kept me up. It wasn't terrible -- going upstairs an hour or two after likely dozing downstairs, and then waking at two points during the night.
It's just that when I'm as tired as I was, even the second waking has lingering aftereffects. So the third? Tired.
Still going to try to swim today. Who knows what I've got left in me.