Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Liking the Gabapentin

I don't want to jinx this, because it's so fresh. But the last three times I've taken the Gabapentin, I've managed to sleep downstairs with P. It's very nice and very unusual to wake up in that bed.
It may be three out of four times. And I missed one night in there at the coast, when I forgot to bring the drugs.
But I think I've had the best luck when I've taken it in a smaller dose and later at night. With the full pill, like last night, I wake up very groggy and still needing more sleep.
It's hard to adjust with the capsules. Basically, I just try to pull it apart and then the powder spills out everywhere. Then I put it back together and take what's left. Which has gone pretty well. I'm guardedly optimistic.