Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The all-seeing doughnut

So the X-ray thing turned out to be a CAT scan. I walked in expecting to see your standard X-ray setup (whatever that is) and instead saw a technician and a CAT scan machine. The machine looked like some giant spaceship, complete with the fake-looking buttons and displays, in the shape of a doughnut. The technician looked like a less-freaky Angelina Jolie. I had to lie on my stomach with my chin balanced in a little tray, while the whole bed moved in and out of the doughnut. It was actually kind of soothing, except for the pressure on my gritted teeth, which hurt my jaw.
Nothing scary going on in my head, just some sinus swelling, it turns out. I could have told them that. Now make it stop!
In my next installment: even more fun with medical equipment. Stay tuned!