Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Chair

I had no idea it would be so hard to get people up and down stairs.
Our wedding is going to be on the third floor of a historic building (read: no elevator). And a few folks, due to age or illness, don't do stairs.
I wanted to get a chair we could sit them in to carry them up and down when they need to go to the second floor(where the bathroom is). But the medical supply people think I'm crazy, that no such thing exists.
Well, I'm not; it does. And here's a photo:
It's just that it's only available to fire departments and emergency personnel. And it's about $600. Seems a little odd you can't rent something like this. I'm sure I'm not the first person who's wanted to get someone out of a building.
In RLS news, I'm up to two Gabapentin pills and I'm still not getting to sleep. I only upped the dose last night, and that kind of soon before bed. I'll try it earlier and see what happens.