Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Monday, September 11, 2006

Insanity week

The craziness begins. I'm working Monday after a one-day weekend. And the wedding is pressing from all sides, making work near impossible. It started early this morning, with a call from P to get the final number count for the caterer. Then off to the post office to pick up a package. (Not to be ungrateful, but if you ever feel like mailing us a package, don't check the box that requires us to sign for it.)
Whoever created those "30 minute maximum" parking spaces outside the post office had to be either joking or wildly optimistic. Some guy had eight heavy boxes he was sending across country, and nearly everyone else had craaaaazy kids running around, head-butting my calf and generally screaming. One of the post office employees, lucky for him, abandoned his post when he saw the scene, leaving only two open windows. (Invariably, if there are two post office windows, one will be taken up by a lunatic customer. It's simple mathematics.)
I finally get out, and then get a call from my brother, whom I never talk to. And I'm on the road. I really don't like to talk and drive, especially in (what's left of the) morning rush hour. So I finally get to the freeway -- you guessed it, in the wrong direction.
It's been a long day. And I just got to work an hour ago.