Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Down on the drug


Well. Today's the start of my scheduled turn-over-a-new-leaf, rededicate-myself, be-more-productive period. It's tempered a little bit by my fatigue and lowered ego. A competitor's newspaper dedicated two reporters to a story I did Saturday, and got quite a bit more stuff than I had. Which I can make excuses for, but in the end, I didn't dig as much as I should have.
I'm also disappointed with the Gabapentin. I don't really feel drugged at bedtime anymore, but then again, I don't really feel much of an effect. Last night I was shaky to beat the band. So while I usually wake up from a weekend -- if not refreshed, at least not exhausted -- today I woke up feeling like I had just had a long, tired week.
So I start the week exhausted and without the burning drive to excel I had on my well-rested day off. Ah well. Such is fall. Not great colors, but nice smells and feelings. Reminiscence. Romance. And melancholy.