Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Attempt

I'm almost up to the half-milligram dose, which is about half of what Dr. Sleep says will be effective. But it's hard. I must be pretty sensitive to medication.
Still getting the side effects of the Mirapex; that is, waking during the night and the lump that lasts much of the next day. I'm still hopeful that these things will change and the good results will appear and win out.
I do feel groggy and heavy when I get up, which is a good thing. The bad thing is that I'm getting up at 3 a.m. at all. Still, I survive.
Glad it's my weekend. Had an embarrassing experience Saturday. As I was trying to disassemble an old metal clothesline holder with a wrench, the rusty nut gave way and my hand slipped. The rusty bolt scraped a big long streak down my wrist. It started bleeding a little.
Worse than the pain was the fact that it looked like a suicide attempt. So I had to go to work, interviewing people in the hot sun, wearing a long-sleeved jacket. The mark's still there, but fainter now. P calls it "the attempt," as it forever shall be known.