Restless Legs Diary

The story of me and my legs trying to get along (and maybe even sleep together)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Soldiering on

I'm now pretty sure that the drug I've been taking to calm my restless legs and help me sleep is actually not helping me sleep but is actively waking me. I've tested it without alcohol and up to a steady dose. And still no help. Since Dr. Sleep said I probably wouldn't get results until I got it into the 1 mg range, I had the thought of being the good soldier and keeping it up until I can tolerate a full milligram. I had thought about taking it earlier in the day, so that some of the effects would wear off during the night. And then I thought, "What the hell am I doing?" I shouldn't be planning my night for when the two waking-up-sweating episodes come. I should be sleeping through the night. I get to fantasizing about the "good old days" when I wasn't taking Mirapex.